Junior Spring Program – 2022
Junior programs subject to Covid-19 protocols for 2022
The HFTC is again offering in 2022 an after-school junior spring program. The instruction will focus on the physical, technical, tactical, mental psychological and emotional skills needed to succeed in tennis.
Details are as follows:
- Program will be run under the direction of our Pros Ed Wilson and John Mowat, supported by other Tennis Canada certified coaches.
- Juniors aged 6 to 17 are welcome.
- If enough juniors aged 4 and 5 are registered, a special program will be established for them from 16:00 to 17:30 on weekdays and from 14:00 to 15:30 on Saturdays.
- Players should wear comfortable clothing, athletic or tennis shoes, sunscreen, hat and should bring a water bottle. The Club will loan a racket if the player does not have one.
- The program will run over 8 consecutive weeks, starting April 30 (Saturday) until June 27 (Monday), accounting for no lessons on Victoria Day Monday.
- Lessons will run in 90 minutes periods, from 16:00 to 17:30 and from 17:30 to 19:00 on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays; and from 14:00 to 15:30 and from 15:30 to 17:00 on Saturdays. Parents can choose any combination of days and sessions.
- Students:instructor ratio will be no more than 6:1. Students will be grouped in congruent groups (age and aptitude).
- The cost of lessons are in addition to Club membership. They are per 90-minute lesson per child, on a declining sliding scale of total hours for the family:
- 8 lessons (12 hours) per family: $22 per 90 minute lesson
- 16 lessons (24 hours) per family: $20 per 90 minute lesson
- 24+ lessons (36+ hours) per family: $18 per 90 minute lesson
Register your child Club membership first, individual or family (if not already done), here. Registration deadline is April 22, 2022.
We also invite you to consider registering your kids to our new program “Junior Points Race“.
To register for this program and pay, please fill the form below You can pay with a credit card. Please click on “Calculate” and then click on “SUBMIT FORM”. This will take you to the payment page.